Packaging Directive (94/62/EEC)
The Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive applies to companies that manufacture, sell, distribute, electronic equipment (EEE), and to consumers within the European Union. The Directive is intended to reduce packaging waste through consumer education and by improving the effectiveness of collection and recycling.
The Directive Requires Producers (Manufacturers, Distributors and Sellers) to:
- Restrict the heavy metal concentration levels for lead, cadmium, mercury and hexavalent chromium to 100 ppm.
- All packaging placed on the market, after 1997, must comply with the requirements concerning its (1) manufacturing and composition; (2) reusable nature; and (3) recoverable nature.
Register with the regulating authority within each applicable member state. Timing is specific to each member state.Join a recovery and recycling scheme. Timing is specific to each member state.
NETGEAR Inc. is currently working with our suppliers, distributors, partners and customers to ensure NETGEAR complies with the Packaging Directive.
Packaging Registration Numbers
- France: Customer N° 505551
- Spain: Customer N° 20889
Recycling Schemes Joined
- France - Ecoemballages - www.ecoemballages.fr
- Spain - Ecoembes - www.ecoembes.com